Notice of file uploads

This is a notice for how file uploads are to be treated.

All FrenNet and Dissed services are restricted to 100mb upload caps.

This is not my choice it is a choice by the CDN and I am not able to change or correct this limitation.

Currently, an option for file hosting is being looked into so we can provide a way for users to upload larger files.

The restriction for these uploads are 100mb per upload per file, you can attempt to upload files in parts until we can provide a better solution for file uploads.

For now please use other resources and 3rd party file management services.

1 Like

We should implement a file verification flair, like rutracker.
We can still allow unverified files to exist that way.

Also, should we compile a list of recommended third-party filehosts? If the forum software allows tables, we can list information like file size limits and whether you need an account.

For sharing large files, I recommend gigafile.nu, which allows you to upload up to 300gb sized files. As a suggestion, I would recommend putting all the files you want to share into one rar/7z/zip (etc.) and dragging and dropping them onto
gigafile’s upload area. Uploading the file can take a while but downloading it is quick. Gigafile also doesn’t require you to register to use it and allows you to select extended periods of time before the files expire. Gigafile is only in Japanese but you can check the following guide for advice on how to use it:

The guide on how to use gigafile.nu is here:

anonfiles.com will let you upload up to 20gb per file.

filechan.org will allow you to upload up to 20gb per file.

There’s also transfer.pcloud.com, which allows you to upload files and share them. To get a link to share, you must enter a working email to get the link, so it’s of less use to people unless they have email alts for anonymity. The files are automatically deleted after one week.

In addition, there is ulozto.net . You may wish to register with them if you want to manage your downloads, so an alt email account would be good for them. You can store up to 50gb with them as a free user and share it, though the download speed will be limited to 300kb. You can also specify a password for access to a file.

And finally there’s ufile.io, which allows you to upload up to 5gb per file. I just tested it and determined that you don’t need to register or enter an email to get a link to the file once it’s been uploaded. The files are automatically deleted after 30 days.

1 Like

For thread integrity preservation’s sake, I think we’ll mostly want to avoid using filehosts that automatically expire.

I’m looking into offsite hosting to correct this.

As soon as I have a way for anon uploads I’ll update the thread, and by anon no account doesn’t mean your IP won’t be seen and logged, use a VPN.

maybe you can use their IP to create a temporary user for the thread

so it’ll just say “anon #1” (or a funny autogenerated name), rather than a new anon user on every post.

so far discourse (the forum software) doesn’t work like that but if you email in for an anon post you can include the link of the upload in the email body

can you make a guide to anonposting?

I sure can I’ll put it in the welcome portion.

1 Like